Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

In Memory...

I am currently praying for someone who lost her husband this past summer.  I don't know the circumstances, nor do I know exactly how she is coping.  But I do know she needs prayers.  And so I've been sending her prayers every week for the last couple of months.

This is the latest card I made for her - ironic that the sun is a bit bright to show you the details, and the colors sort of washed out.  But the image matches the sentiment.

I used my Scoring Table (my new toy) to add a little detail.  I also double-sponged a background in the orange (mustard) and gumball green, to give it more of a warmth and autumnal feeling.

I hope she is comforted by the words and the knowledge that she has so many here that love her dearly.


Stamps:  Love & Sympathy
Colors:  More Mustard, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  More Mustard, Gumball Green, Basic Black
Techniques:  sponging, dry embossing (Scoring)
Tools:  Ticket punch, stamp-off (to lighten the background image)

1 comment:

Heather North said...

Beautiful. I'm sure she is touched by your thoughtfulness.