Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Who's That Peeking in My Window?

We're coming up on the last few days to get those Halloween cards made!  Many of mine are arriving on rather wet doorsteps -- to many of my family and friends in the wake of this horrific storm!!  We are keeping you in our prayers -- particularly overnight when it's hard to stay calm and get a nice, peaceful rest.  Stay safe.

In the meantime -- take a look-see at this latest CASE'd card.  I have since colored in these freakish ghoulies and added a few googly eyes for effect.  But it was a fabulously fun card to assemble!  It's still available in the Holiday catalog, and I've made so many different types of cards with this single set.  I just love it -- as do my boys!  Any time I can get them crafting is a great day indeed!


For this creation, I used the 1 1/4" square punch, and used the postage stamp punch for the border edge and window edges.  The spider web was dry embossed, and everything is raised up with strategically placed dimensionals.  I used Lucky Limeade twine for the drop-in spider (ain't he cute?).


Googly Ghouls
1/8" Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon
So I'm going to be switching gears after Halloween to some degree.  I still have cards to make for various events, but I'm going to work on some quilting projects for Christmas gifts.  I am looking forward to sharing those with you soon!

2 comments:

Heather North said...

I look forward to seeing your quilts too. This card is super cute. Did you use the postage stamp punch?

Deb Van Caster said...

Sure did! Used it straight up inside the 1 1/4" square window, and just on the edge of the punch for the border line.