Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Flippin' for Halloween

Today's card was inspired by Dawn Griffin.  I am getting more confident taking someone's idea as inspiration, but then changing it up to make it my own!  

This is another one of the cards I thought I'd do with the Enrichment class.  But after making several of them with my kids, I think that the assembly would have been too difficult for them.  Stamping, punching, and detailing are all definitely up their alley though!

So here's the front of the card, closed up. I used the spider from the Googly Ghouls stamp set, and the color sets were Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White.  I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the black half--with the bumpy side down.  I liked how that mimicked the black polka dot ribbon and details around the spider.






Here is the inside of the card -- the flippin' part.  Just a simple silver brad holds it all together!  The sentiment is from Wacky Wishes -- a hostess set.  Of course you can contact me to find out how you can get your very own!

Hope you enjoy this spooky series!

Perfectly Polka Dot Embossing Folder

Wacky Wishes
Googly Ghouls
Basic Black 1/2 Inch scallop Polka Dot Ribbon

No comments: